Ineffective searches encompass every search that has zero engagement by visitors within a selected period of time. Visitor search terms with a low click-through rate (CTR) are also considered ineffective. The following actions are included in Ineffective searches.
- Select period – The time frame can be customized by clicking on the button located in the top left corner of the displayed table. This field can be changed to several fixed available values or customized to your needs.
- Apply filters – This tool is made available by clicking on the button Filters located in the right top corner. For more information on this, visit our article on How to filter analytics.
Table of ineffective searches of the last 7 days.
The numerical value under Unique searches represents the frequency of searches for that specific term. The percentage associated with CTR represents the ‘Click-through rate’ for that specific search term.
The lower the percentage in CTR, the higher the search term will be ranked in the list. The flag under Significance provides a visual indication of the importance of a search term. The darker the flag, the more relevant it is to implement a strategy to increase the frequency of clicks for that search term.
When hovering over the line of the search term in the table, you will find two clickable buttons. Clicking the magnifying glass button performs a test search on that particular search term in the selected engine. For more information on Test searches, visit our article How to run a test search.
Searching for the search term: “555” in the table and hovering over the search term.
You can directly perform a series of actions for a particular search term by clicking the Manage tools button:
- Add banner: For more information, visit our articles What are banners and How to set up a banner.
- Add misspellings: For more information, visit our articles What are misspellings and How to set up misspellings.
- Add page ranking: For more information, visit our articles What are Page Rankings, Best practice for page rankings, and How to set up a Page Ranking.
- Add quicklink: For more information, visit our article How to set up a Quicklink.
- Add synonym: For more information, visit our articles What are Synonyms, Best practices for Synonyms, and How to create a Synonym.
Hovering over the search term and clicking on the tools icon.
You can export the data of search terms into a CSV document by clicking on the file icon located beside the search bar. This will download a CSV file with the data displayed in the table. Consider the selected time period and whether you want to narrow down the search terms to searches containing a specific search term.